In February of 2020 the new vegan fast food restaurant “Vegan Bamboo Bar” has started at Stationsplein Utrecht. Our mission is: “inspire and inform how to eat healthily and sustainably”. Our objective is to make vegan dishes accessible to the general public at attractive prices. We are going to prove that vegan food can be tasty and healthy.
We serve various dishes such as vegan burgers, ready-made hot dishes in buffet form, Food Bar bowls to scoop up yourself, and sushi. Also, there will be a Grab & Go wall from which customers can grab and buy cakes and icecream.
We pay attention to the impact of the ingredients on health. That is why we will cook with extra virgin olive oil and use as many organic ingredients as possible. Finally, we will provide our dishes with the VBB Health Score to indicate how healthy a dish is.
The restaurant is completely self-service. This means that the customer orders and settles himself, takes food and drink himself and cleans the table himself.
We are looking for friendly and cheerful staff who wants to work full-time or part-time.
We offer you:
- a competitive salary
- the possibility to become a co-owner in a subsequent establishment of Vegan Bamboo Bar
- the opportunity to improve the world by significantly reducing greenhouse gases
- the chance to work on your health and the health of the Netherlands
- taking care of mise en place, such as setting/preparing tables, etc.
- supplementing buffet, salad, and pokébowl bar;
- delivery of orders;
- receiving and familiarizing guests;
- packing orders for collectors;
- clearing tables and cleaning up afterwards;
- checking whether guests leave everything tidy and possibly cleaning/tidying up;
- keep all areas clean.
Knowledge and meaningful skills
- MBO working and thinking level;
- knowledge of the business rules and the business formula;
- affinity with vegan and/or vegetarian is an advantage;
- speaking at least Dutch or English, speaking both languages is an advantage.
Competences / behavioral examples
- is cheerful and friendly to others;
- also offers unsolicited extra service;
- see how to optimally help guests.
- responds well to changes.
- is willing to tackle everything.
Attention to detail / Meticulous
- ensures that everything is clean at all times.
- feels comfortable with the values and norms of the company.